Plea in Absentia
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REQUESTING TO DISPOSE OF CASE IN ABSENTIA
If you wish to request to dispose of your case in absentia, please follow the instructions below:
- Complete the form and submit it prior to your court date.
- Once the prosecutor receives this request, your case will be reviewed and examined by the prosecutor and a determination will be made by him as to granting your request to enter a plea in absentia
- If the prosecutor chooses to extend you a plea offer in absentia, your formal plea offer will be emailed to you.
- Once you receive the formal plea offer, please read it carefully, follow all instructions, and contact the probate court if you have any questions.
- If you have already paid, you are NOT eligible for plea in absentia
- If you pay with a credit card then cancel that payment, then do plea in absentia, you must appear in court
Request to Dispose of Case in Absentia